In order to use the Coinbase Commerce feature in the SocialGood App to buy SG, you must agree to the following precautions. Please be sure to read all of the information below carefully before using the feature.
How to Buy SG with the Coinbase Commerce Feature in the SocialGood App:
Precautions About Purchasing SG with the Coinbase Commerce Feature
- Coinbase Commerce processes your payment for purchasing SG with the Coinbase Commerce feature in the SocialGood App.
- Your payment will be made in an amount of cryptocurrency equal in value to the amount of SG you ordered, as calculated at the time the invoice was created. The market rate for your payment is determined by Coinbase Commerce. Please note that this rate may differ from the rate displayed on crypto exchanges and other sites.
- You will be charged for the transaction fees necessary to pay the invoiced cryptocurrency amount.
- The invoice will expire in one hour. If your payment is not successfully completely within one hour, the invoice will be canceled.
- If you pay with a network or address that is not supported by Coinbase Commerce, you risk losing those assets permanently. Even in the case that your assets are lost, those assets cannot be recovered and therefore no refunds are possible. Please be careful when making the payment.
See this page for reference: https://help.coinbase.com/en/commerce/managing-account/supported-assets-and-unsupported-crypto-recovery
- Once you complete the payment, your purchased SG will be sent to your wallet connected to the SocialGood App via the network you chose. Due to network congestion, it may take up to two or three days for the SG to arrive in your wallet.
- The cost of sending the SG to your wallet (network fee) will be calculated on the invoice confirmation screen based on the rate at the time that you are viewing the screen and added to the invoiced total amount. (See Polygonscan and Etherscan for the current network fees)
*Information about the different networks:
The “multiple payments” status will appear when Coinbase Commerce's system detects that more than one payment was made to the same order code.
Please make sure not to send more than one payment to the address as instructed in the invoice or order code as this could cause issues if Coinbase Commerce detects all of your payments later.
There are cases when it can take more time than usual for Coinbase Commerce to detect whether a payment has been made or not, so please wait until the invoice status changes or until you received an email from Coinbase regarding your payment if you have already made one.
You will not be able to receive your SG or a refund for multiple payment cases for any reason.Choosing a Network for Buying SG or Withdrawing SG
Precautions about Refunds and Returns
- If you make your payment using a hot wallet, including a crypto exchange account, the cryptocurrency used for your payment cannot be refunded for any reason. This is because if the cryptocurrency was returned to the hot wallet used for the transfer, it would be returned to the centralized address, and the refunded assets cannot be rerouted to the individual user.
- If the payment is less than the invoiced amount, you will receive an equivalent amount of SG to the amount you paid. You will need to buy 80,000 SG with a new purchase inside the SocialGood App in order to activate your Membership. Even in this case of partial payment, there cannot be any refunds or returns, as explained above.
- If you pay for more than the amount on the invoice for any reason, you will only receive the amount of SG on the invoice. You will not receive a refund for the overpaid amount.
- We cannot accept returns of SG tokens. If you would like to sell your SG, you can trade it on centralized exchanges that list SG or on Uniswap.
- If you make a payment more than 60 minutes after the invoice was created, you will not be able to receive the SG or a refund.
How to Set up an Exchange Account & Buy SG