In order to begin staking, you will need to either earn SG through shopping in the SocialGood App (you will automatically receive staking rewards for approved SG inside of the SocialGood App), or buy SG on an affiliated exchange (Bittrex Global, Bitmart, Uniswap, or P2PB2B) and connect a supported wallet with deposited SG to the SocialGood App. Currently, the apps WalletConnect (https://walletconnect.com/), MetaMask (https://metamask.io/), and CoinBase (https://www.coinbase.com/) are supported. (WalletConnect can be used to connect to other wallets such as Trust Wallet https://trustwallet.com/)
- Please read this article to find out how to shop through the SocialGood App.
- How to connect your wallet to the SocialGood App
- Download the wallet from the Google Play Store or the App Store. (If you are storing your SG somewhere else like Trust Wallet or Coinbase Wallet make sure you have made a note of your recovery phrase in advance. *Never share this phrase with anyone)
- After installing, follow the instructions in the app and create your wallet. (If you have a recovery phrase, select “Import Using Secret Recover Phrase” for MetaMask or "I already have a wallet" for Trust Waller or CoinBase so that you can also use your wallet inside of them)
- Send the SG you bought on an exchange to the wallet you made.
- Open the SocialGood App. (if you are using WalletConnect make sure to fully close out of the app first)
Go to Assets Screen -> Staking Rewards -> Connect My Wallet -> and select your wallet.
- Follow the instructions to connect your wallet to the SocialGood App. (For CoinBase you will need to copy and paste the URL into your app first)
*Make sure to hit the “Submit” button at the end.
*As the Blockchain is not being used this will not incur any fees.
*You can connect one wallet per account. Also, once a wallet is connected to an account it cannot be connected to a different account. To remove the connection, you will need to disconnect your wallet.
*If the SG from your connected wallet is transferred to a different wallet, the amount of transferred SG will be excluded from the Total Staked SG of your next Staking Reward calculation.
Using the instructions written above you will be able to use SG bought on exchanges for staking through your wallet or withdraw your SG from the app.