Connecting your wallet to the SocialGood App is the first step to activating your Membership. It also allows you to earn up to 15% APY staking rewards on SG that you have purchased from exchanges, as well as withdrawing SG from the app.
These services can be securely connected to the SocialGood App: WalletConnect, MetaMask, and Coinbase Wallet. WalletConnect can be used to connect to other popular wallets including Trust Wallet.
If you do not have a crypto wallet that can be connected:
1. Download one of the above apps from the Google Play Store or the App Store. If you hold SG in a wallet outside of the SocialGood App like Trust Wallet or Coinbase Wallet, make sure to note down your recovery phrase in advance. Never share this phrase with anyone for any reason.
2. After installing, follow the instructions in the app to create your wallet. If you have a recovery phrase, select “Import Using Secret Recovery Phrase” for MetaMask or "I already have a wallet" for Trust Wallet or Coinbase Wallet so that you can also use your wallet inside of the app.
After you have a crypto wallet to connect:
1. Open the SocialGood App. If you are using WalletConnect, make sure to fully close out of the app first.
2. Select "Connect My Wallet" from the Activation Steps, or go to Assets Screen -> Staking Rewards -> Connect My Wallet. Choose the app which is connected to your wallet. For Coinbase Wallet, you will need to copy and paste the Unique Verification URL shown after you select "Coinbase Wallet."
3. The app will automatically open. Login and follow the steps onscreen to connect your wallet to the SocialGood App. Be sure to tap the "Submit" button after you have connected your wallet and signed the message.
4. After you have completed the process, return to the SocialGood App. There should be a green checkmark to confirm that the wallet has successfully been connected.
Be sure to transfer your SG from exchanges to the connected wallet in order to earn staking rewards in the SocialGood App.
*As the blockchain is not being used, the wallet connection does not cost any fees.
*Only one wallet can be connected per user. Once a wallet is connected to a SocialGood App account, it cannot be connected to a different account. To remove the connection, you will need to disconnect your wallet.
*If you transfer your SG outside of the connected wallet, you will not gain any staking rewards for the SG. If you do not continue holding the required amount of SG for membership activation, you will lose access to the full benefits of the SocialGood App.