The Coinbase Commerce feature in the SocialGood App allows you to buy 200 SocialGood (SG) tokens using your other crypto, which is necessary in order to activate your Membership for higher rewards.
You can access the Coinbase Commerce feature on the Membership Activation screen or the Staking tab.
You do not need a Coinbase account in order to use this feature, but you will need to be holding crypto in a wallet or in a crypto exchange account. If you do have a Coinbase account, you can connect it using this feature to buy SG more easily.
Please see the detailed instructions here:
How to Use the Coinbase Commerce Feature
- To use the Coinbase Commerce feature, you will first need to connect your wallet (Trust Wallet, Metamask, etc.) to the SocialGood App. (The SG that you purchase will be sent to your connected wallet.)
How to Connect Your Wallet to the SocialGood App
- Tap the "Get 200 SG" button after connecting your wallet, and you will be taken to the “Preview Order” screen.
Carefully read the "Precautions About Purchasing SG with the Coinbase Commerce Feature" article. Then check the checkbox and tap the “Get SG” button. The Coinbase Commerce payment window will appear. Make sure to complete your payment within 60 minutes. If you make a payment after the time is up, you will not be able to receive the SG or a refund for the payment.
- (The following step is optional) By default, the SG will be transferred to your wallet via the Polygon network, which has a lower network fee, but it is also possible to transfer SG via the Ethereum network if you prefer. Please note that the network fee may be more expensive when transferring via the Ethereum network than via the Polygon network.
Choosing a Network for Buying SG or Withdrawing SG
- In the Coinbase Commerce window, you will be able to select which cryptocurrency you want to use to pay for the SG. You can purchase SG with your Bitcoin, Ethereum, USDT, or Matic.
*For this article, we will assume that you are buying SG using Bitcoin.
- Tap "Bitcoin" to go to the payment screen. If you already have an external wallet like Trust Wallet, tap the "Open in Wallet" button to launch the wallet app installed on your phone. The recipient address and payment amount will be automatically entered into your wallet.
*This image above shows the Trust Wallet screen
- Please check that the recipient address and payment amount entered in your wallet matches the information displayed by Coinbase Commerce.
*Depending on your wallet, you may not be able to send an amount with too many digits after the decimal point. If you encounter this problem, please enter an amount that is close to the number of digits (but rounded up to be larger than the payment amount shown by Coinbase Commerce) and send the payment.
- After you have paid, the SG will automatically sent to your wallet that is connected to the SocialGood App (the default setting is the Polygon chain address). When 200 SG is deposited into your wallet, tap the "Activate" button on the "Activation Steps" screen to update your status, and you will see the "Activation Successful" message.
*Your Membership status is automatically updated daily. If the amount of SG in your connected wallet decreases to be less than the required amount, your Membership status will automatically become "Not Activated".
How to Check Your SG Purchase History
When you use the Coinbase Commerce feature in the SocialGood App and create an invoice, the status of the order will be shown in your SG Purchase History.
There are six different statuses: New, Paid, Pending, Unresolved, Resolved, and Canceled. Please see the description of each status below.
An invoice has been created with Coinbase Commerce, but the system has not yet detected your payment. If a "New" invoice is not paid within one hour, the invoice will automatically become "Canceled" after a few hours if no payment is detected. If you make a payment after an hour has passed, you will not be able to receive the SG or a refund. You will need to start a new purchase after the status becomes “Canceled.”
You have fully paid for the invoiced amount, and are now waiting for the SG to be sent to your connected wallet. Please note that due to network congestion, it can take up to 2 to 3 days for the SG to arrive to your wallet.
The SG that you purchased has been sent to your wallet from our system.
Your payment was less than the invoiced amount, so an additional invoice for the remaining balance was automatically created. This can only occur once per invoice.
You have fully paid for an "Unresolved" additional invoice.
- You did not make a payment for the invoice within one hour, or you chose to cancel the invoice.